You can now pay locally for bitcoin using a Coindirect account With such exciting technology…
Like many markets across the globe, Africa is shifting from cryptocurrency mining to cryptocurrency trading.
Although popular cryptocurrency platform’s like South Africa-based ‘Luno’ lets users buy Bitcoin and Ethereum, it is essentially an online wallet rather than a ‘cryptocurrency exchange’ as many believe it to be. Luno conveniently lets users buy, store, send and receive BTC and ETH through its wallet – just like Coindirect’s cryptocurrency wallet. Though, the Coindirect wallet integrates cold storage for double protection and lets users convert cryptocurrencies and cryptocurrency instantly and directly into your account.
Alongside cryptocurrency wallets, new cryptocurrency exchanges are making its way to crypto listing every now and then.
Cryptocurrency exchanges are proliferating the world of cryptocurrency and now, they’re sparking interest in the emerging markets within the African continent. Not too long ago, Coindirect launched an exchange lodging 15 trading pairs available for trade in 25 countries around the world.
Here are the #5 best cryptocurrency exchanges in Africa’s leading, emerging markets where traders can safely and conveniently buy, sell and trade Bitcoin and altcoins.
NairaEx is a Nigeria-based Bitcoin exchange where cryptocurrency traders can buy and sell BTC securely and fast. With NairaEx, trading transactions can take up to 4-hours.
- Users can calculate the price to buy or sell Bitcoin using Naira (NGN)
- Buy and sell orders for Bitcoin can be created
- Withdrawals can be done in any Nigerian bank
- BTC exchange rates are set at the time of the transaction
Remitano is a peer-to-peer Bitcoin exchange that provides an escrowed P2P Bitcoin marketplace where people can buy and sell Bitcoin easily and safely. The exchange reaches its services out to African users in
- An easy-to-use interface
- 24/7 customer support
- Low transaction fees
- Track buy and sell Bitcoin at the most reasonable buy and sell offer rate
- Bitcoin trades can be completed within 5-minutes
BitPesa is located in Nairobi, Kenya, with offices in Uganda, Nigeria, Tanzania, Landon, Dakar, and Luxembourg. Bitpesa is a Bitcoin exchange and payment platform for frontier markets, where users can buy, sell, send and receive Bitcoin on its ‘Pesi’ platform. Pesi users can engage in local monies, undertake money transfers, and deal in Foreign Exchange.
- BitPesa charges just 1-3% on average.
- Money transactions take up to 24-hours.
- Allows users to send money in “just a few clicks”.
- Transactions can be made via debit card, bank transfer, or mobile money.
ICE³X – otherwise known as ‘iceCUBED X’ or ‘Ice3x’ – is a cryptocurrency exchange that supports Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Ethereum (ETH), Dash (DASH), Dogecoin (DOGE), Litecoin (LTC), Monero (XMR) and ZCash (ZEC) trading. The cryptocurrency exchange is based in and offers its services to users in South Africa’s emerging African market.
- Users are able to track buy and sell offers, cryptocurrency market price charts, order book details and trade history
- Set a limit, market or stop-limit prices when buying and selling cryptocurrency
- Ice3X offers the following trading pairs:
We’re not being biased…
Coindirect is, quite literally, the biggest cryptocurrency exchange in Africa. Unlike other African exchanges that have been around for a few years, the Coindirect exchange is new to the market and therefore just needs to get its word out there. But, that doesn’t mean it is not the best African exchange out there.
The Coindirect cryptocurrency exchange is available to Africa’s emerging markets where cryptocurrency adoption has often gone unnoticed – otherwise known as Africa’s ‘other 1.3-billion’. The exchange operates in Ghana, Kenya, Namibia, Nigeria and South Africa.
- Choose between 15 ETH, USDT, XRP, LTC, DASH, BCH and BTC trading pairs.
- Use the cryptocurrency Price Chart to track cryptocurrency trading pair price change movements and its moving average convergence/divergence over a specific period of time; including 30 days, 1 day, 1 hour, 15 minutes, 5 minutes or 1 minute.
- Use the “Order book” to your advantage to place buy and sell orders for the cryptocurrency market or trading pair/s at different prices in real time using the “Place order” form. You can also check and fund your Coindirect cryptocurrency wallet balances for the specific currency pair. Find out how it works in our helpful guide: The exchange user interface explained
- Check the “Trade History” to track the most recent trades executed on the cryptocurrency market.
- Use the “Orders” section to check your open and completed buy and sell orders placed, or cancel orders.
- Coindirect also lets Africa’s users deposit fiat currency directly from their local bank account; including bank transfers, PayPal, TransferWise, supported fiat deposits and M-Pesa. Credit card payments are coming soon.
You already have access to our integrated exchange with 50% off trading fees until the end of October 2018 (0.1% on crypto to crypto trades and 0.4% on fiat to crypto trades).
Coupled with this, we offer a 0% fees model for both buyers and sellers on our peer-to-peer marketplace which supports Bitcoin and over 40 altcoins – buy and sell directly from local buyers and sellers using your most convenient local payment methods.
Coindirect is available in 25 countries worldwide; including the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, India, Pakistan, the United Arab Emirates, South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana and many more.
To start trading pairs on Africa’s biggest cryptocurrency exchange. All you need to do is create a free account and select your preferred trading pair/s. #OwnTheFuture with Coindirect.